Monday, September 26, 2011

Birthday Thrills and ADD Flareups!

Would you believe me if I told you I've been stuck in CHRISTMAS?????? A WONDERFUL place to be by the way!!! MAGICAL, PLAYFUL and a place with no housework and just fun and games, food and laughter, friends and family... well... you get the picture!!!
... This last birthday has been nothing short of AMAZING!!!! I still have boxes and cards and my toys all over the place, going from one to another, not wanting to put any away yet... wanting less hours at work so I can stay home and play and get to know how these fancy contraptions work!!!
I never thought the iphone could do so much!! Nor did I think the photo apps would keep my creativity flared up and ready to go, seeing pictures everywhere I go...everything in a frame, with potential to enhance, transform, create the mood I want it to evoke, and then I get to bug people by sending them to them! Bear with me... they say the fever subsides at around 6 months...haha!!
 
Just last night, I finally put down the iphone to investigate the Kindle and I already have a book downloaded, waiting for me!! FASCINATING!! Flight to Heaven... I fear if I don't read it soon I will never hear the end of it from my sister and now my friend Ruthie, who also read it and called me first thing this morning!
 
I still have to learn the Garmin Sport watches Curt got, one for me and one for him ( I am the author of those kinds of gifts!) and start really using it to its full capabilities, which is does more than I fear I will ever need!
 
And did I tell you we are also reliving the past, those tender, beautiful days when the kids were little and oh so funny and cute!!! Curt got this other contraption that allows him to digitalize the old home movies so they can download right into the computer!!! We watch as it works, and we laugh and wonder where did time fly to so fast?
 
Have had company and still will this weekend... Christine's birth Mom and her husband, who would love nothing more than to also be Christine's Dad... so sweet a relationship!
 
So you see, I have been torn in so many different directions that my ADD has flared up to critical levels, if there is such a thing, and I seem to not be able to concentrate on one single thing! It's a happy kind of crisis, don't worry!!
 
It's back to work tonight, and I now I understand what I swore I would never do... be one of those nurses that seems to not be able to put down their cells at work! I promised myself I would not go there, I would be the faithful nurse, at the patient's beck and call, ready for action and not perturbed by the interruption to my  Word with Friends game on cell. I appalled myself by asking our quite techy secretary to show me her favorite apps... next thing you know, I was mesmerized by the different things that can happen inside that 2 x 3 inch screen!! Yes, I just measured it! LOL!
 
Now, back to family and life without toys, all, thank God, is well with everyone now.
 
Chris had his 4 wisdom teeth pulled last Friday, so he was in discomfort and in pain too. It was nice for all of us to slow down with him, and just nest at home, all close together. His girlfriend Ellen flew back from her Grandfather's funeral and stayed with him for a day... best medicine he could have had! He is back to school today, being his last narcotic dose was over 24 hours ago, armed with his Motrin in pocket. Mommy did his laundry yesterday as a treat to his "incapacitated state". Actually, Mommy detests seeing cold, wrinkled clothes left in dryer when he does his own laundry, so she needs to learn to not see them... and walk away. Mommy has many lessons yet to learn about parenting... and UNparenting!
 
Christine is looking as beautiful as ever, losing weight and dreaming of her upcoming wedding in October of 2012... the Princess will marry in a Castle! Castle Ladyhawke in North Carolina! Beautiful wedding venue!!! Mommy needs to learn to ask for overtime again...
 
Curt has been quite the busy techy guy, as he helps me learn my toys, synch this device to that device, try to teach me as my mind wanders faster than I can pull it back, and remains calm and loving in spite of my wackiness, much more lately I would confess.
 
To add to all the stuff I have yet to learn, we also switched cable companies to ATT U VERSE... ohhhh, it does so much more!! Salesman at ATT talked us into it, actually, talked Curt into it.. I was totally absorbed with my new toy, the iphone, and just HAD to make my first call right away, to my sister! The cable was switched and I barely know how to turn the TV on now!! Yes, much to learn!
 
In the meantime, housework doesn't wait for me to be done playing, or learning, or just OVER my excitement. The dust just keeps settling, waiting, accumulating...
I am torn between what I NEED to do and what I WANT to do!
 
Today I figured I needed to let you know that, yes, I am still alive and well, yes, I did get your lovely letters and best wishes and love and hugs and kissess... and my arms are so loaded up with so much love and gadget and I feel the need to set it all down (just for a few!) and  thank all of you for a most divine birthday, but most importantly, for making me feel so validated!
 
The calls from friends, so full of family news and love, unexpected friends popping in, the cards, the Facebook wishes that seemed to never stop... to say I felt so undeserving of such attentions would be an understatement, but to say LOVE OVERTOOK ME would be also!
 
THANK YOU for making it so very special.. and for making 60 look not so bad after all!!!!!!
 
Hoping life is not just good, but VERY GOOD for you as well!!! ABUNDANTLY GOOD!!!
 
Lots of hugs and kisses and thank you's your way!!
 
Toni

1 comment:

  1. Just checking in to see if you have any New Years words to share.

    ReplyDelete